Margaret




Margaret

Next up for employee spotlight--> Margaret!
Margaret is the Insurance Manager, here at EHS!
She has been with the Practice for....EXACTLY 
17 YEARS!!
(today is the day!) 

17 years, on the 17th, in 2017! 

I'd say, a golden anniversary!


Margaret has a very, interesting/ constantly changing and updating/ demanding, position.  Handling insurance definitely can be challenging yet rewarding. She goes above and beyond, working with insurance companies, for the best interest of our patients.  Literally, she could be on the phone for hours!  Much appreciation for Margaret!  

Margaret had 20+ years working in the Optometry field before joining our team. She moved to Knoxville in 1974, when her husband began working at 3M. She now resides in Eddyville.  With her great personality and positive attitude, combined with all of her experience, she is a solid team member!

I took the time to chat with Margaret to ask some questions, for us to get to know a little bit more about her.......



  • What is one of your highlights, tied in with your job?
Margaret: When collecting on old insurance claims, that I have worked on for 9-12 months, possibly even longer.

  • People would be surprised if they knew _______ about you....
Margaret: When I started working  for the doctors, I was not sure if I was qualified  for this type of work and definitely not  capable of knowing the process of filing insurance claims. 

  • What is one of your favorite quotes?
Margaret: I love quotes and several on my walls at home  but if I can only name one I would say--- 'Everyday is a gift, Enjoy the journey!'

  • Summertime, do you have a favorite activity?
Margaret:  My favorite summer activities are a toss  up between reading a book in the sunshine or family outings/vacations with my whole family, which tends to be a little more lively than reading a book.


  • Last question, what is the best vacation that you have ever taken?
Margaret:  I have enjoyed seeing the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and places in between.  My most memorable vacation was having the opportunity to travel to the Netherlands with my husband and great friends, who have families living there.  Getting to know more about the Dutch heritage was interesting!

That's a wrap!  Thanks again to Margaret from everyone at EHS!!!! Until next time..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My contacts are poisonous? Not so fast.

EAT YOUR WAY TO BETTER EYE HEALTH